We have recieved 14% of our goal ..
Dass das Forum weiterhin besteht -------------------------- That the Forum continues to exist

Read the Rules !!! (February 29) x

Willkommen aus Music-Society, dem etwas anderen Forum Welcome from Music-Society, the something different forum (February 29) x

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
VSTI GyL Synths Saturn & Soundbank by Kujashi
Photo 
SATURN

[Bild: 0M2p0un.png]

[Bild: 018D7NH.png]

Main features:
dual synth layout from oscillators to effects with splitable keyboard and dual glide in mono

dual oscillators with wavemorph (blending) and phase shifting - by knobs and modwheel or by the dedicated LFOs and AD envelopes

135 inbuilt wavetables with source and „morphed” waveshape displays

waves from a 2 level menu or by +/- buttons

semitone (-48…+48) based pitch tuners

modulation destination – morph / wave-2 phase

envelope destination – wave / FM

cross-FM (phase) by knob, modwheel or AD envelope

3 osc unison

-4/+3 or -12/+7 semitones to major or fifth & -1 octave chords

12 filter types

LFOs with 4 waveshapes and 5 destinations from 8 to 1/64 bars with „d” and „t” times

mod envelopes to filter cutoff or osc pitch

independent amp envelopes

bypassable 4 band equalizers

A-B side mixer

adjustable pitchwheel modulation for filter cutoff

by-passable effects – Ping-Pong or Echo Delay with 22 speeds, Reverb, Chorus/Flanger

pitchwheel range (0…12 semitones), panorama and velocity sensitivity to volume

arp/seq with 22 speeds, pattern matrix, +/- 3 octaves range and 1..8 steps

stereo trance gate with 22 speeds, adjustable smoothing and 1..16 steps

pitch- and modwheel on GUI

pitchwheel to A, B or A+B oscs

8 modwheel destination with variations

voice numer selector 1..8

global Random and Reset – Reset for setting everything to default value, making an init patch

Shift + mouse drag for knob fine tune

Ctrl + click or double click to default value at knobs

stereo output scope

64 program position

full bank (64 presets) by Kujashi, 16 by me

A demo video, made by VST Planet:

Thank you, Gyl.

Incredibly, this will be the first of your synths I've played.
I've been intending to 'make' some time to try them, ever since you first began posting here - so it's long overdue I started to do just that.
They look great, I've heard lots of good things about them - and there's even a Kujashi bank to get me started.
Also, I have a bit of a 'weak spot' for dual-layer synths ...
I'll let you know how I get on. (Though if I un-Thank your post, I might just leave it at that!)

With your continued output, and Mira-Katharina back at the developer's workbench, it's starting to feel like the Music-Society of old again.
Keep up the good work!
Yeah..just wanted to second what Bluesmoke said, Gyl..and express my thanks for this really powerful little gem..kudos and much thanks indeed.

Likewise, my thanks to Kujashi for his fine work on the Bank he produced..top quality as always. Clap
I've just spent a couple of hours 'winding-down' with this - by candle-light, monitor off ...
... So much for a quick 20-minute try-out!

A huge palette of quality sounds packed behind a clear, uncluttered interface - few commercial instruments come close to matching it for design excellence.
The processor hit was by no means bad for a plugin of this sophistication, though I did have to turn the samplerate down to 44.1kHz (but that's entirely due to my ancient, decrepit pc - I un-Liked it years ago).
It might be an idea to compile your own patch bank (excellent, by the way) into the synth itself, so people can use it 'straight out of the box' - first impressions tend to linger, and this deserves to become something of a classic.
And I won't comment on the Kujashi bank ... he must get pretty tired of people always telling him how brilliant he is.

Keen as I now am to catch up on all your other synths, they'll have to wait: Saturn looks set to be my kick-back-and-chill synth to noodle with for quite some time to come.
(18-02-2018, 08:03 AM)bluesmoke schrieb: Thank you, Gyl.

Incredibly, this will be the first of your synths I've played.
I've been intending to 'make' some time to try them, ever since you first began posting here - so it's long overdue I started to do just that.
They look great, I've heard lots of good things about them - and there's even a Kujashi bank to get me started.
Also, I have a bit of a 'weak spot' for dual-layer synths ...
I'll let you know how I get on. (Though if I un-Thank your post, I might just leave it at that!)

With your continued output, and Mira-Katharina back at the developer's workbench, it's starting to feel like the Music-Society of old again.
Keep up the good work!

Hello, dear Bluesmoke!
Thanks for your kind words! :-)
I'll continue the uploads in the next weeks/months. There are 6-8 other synths, what I made last year (and working on 2-3 others), those are actually downloadable in my Facebook group, in the GyL Synths (there are more than 50 in the group's Files folder).
Kujashi promised soundbanks for some of them, so still waiting with the VST Planet release and would like to upload them here with his banks.
This dual-layer thing started when I tried the AAS VA-2 demo and liked the sound and the idea, so made several... :-)
(18-02-2018, 02:23 PM)A.M schrieb: Yeah..just wanted to second what Bluesmoke said, Gyl..and express my thanks for this really powerful little gem..kudos and much thanks indeed.

Likewise, my thanks to Kujashi for his fine work on the Bank he produced..top quality as always. Clap

Hello, dear A.M.!
Thaaanks, always nice to get a positive feedback/comment!
I hope, you can use it (and my other ones) for something... Big Grin 
(19-02-2018, 07:33 AM)bluesmoke schrieb: I've just spent a couple of hours 'winding-down' with this - by candle-light, monitor off ...
... So much for a quick 20-minute try-out!

A huge palette of quality sounds packed behind a clear, uncluttered interface - few commercial instruments come close to matching it for design excellence.
The processor hit was by no means bad for a plugin of this sophistication, though I did have to turn the samplerate down to 44.1kHz (but that's entirely due to my ancient, decrepit pc - I un-Liked it years ago).
It might be an idea to compile your own patch bank (excellent, by the way) into the synth itself, so people can use it 'straight out of the box' - first impressions tend to linger, and this deserves to become something of a classic.
And I won't comment on the Kujashi bank ... he must get pretty tired of people always telling him how brilliant he is.

Keen as I now am to catch up on all your other synths, they'll have to wait: Saturn looks set to be my kick-back-and-chill synth to noodle with for quite some time to come.

Wow, nice to hear (read) that you enjoy it! :-)
Actually this and WaveFlex are  my most viewed synths on the VST Planet's YouTube channel - seems others like it too.
Yes, the CPU load could be lower. I made it with Synthmaker / Flowstone and my short experience with Synthedit showed that SE makes much more CPU friendly plugins, but I prefer and love the work in Flowstone.
My patches often just want to show some technical possibilities, so never planned to compile them into the dll - I'm not really proud of them, but nice, if you like.
Eventually would be useful to compile Kujashi's patches into them, but usually the synth is finished much earlier and uploaded to my group, than he makes his banks.
I'll be thinking on it, how could make.
Often got critical comments regarding the GUI - trying to improve my skills, but still faaar from the really good ones. :-)
I always liked those plugins what have simple, clear interface and easy to use them. When started to make my own ones (after 1-2 years of collecting), my goal was to make easy-to-use synths.
When made a Favorites folder for the downloaded / collected synths, found that I prefer the simpler ones. Some very capable or popular ones are missing from my favorites - I didn't feel motivation to use them... Wink
(21-02-2018, 08:27 PM)Gyl schrieb: Hello, dear A.M.!
Thaaanks, always nice to get a positive feedback/comment!
I hope, you can use it (and my other ones) for something... Big Grin 

I'm making a point of doing just that, Gyl..and I'll hopefully have something produced in the near future with them.

Personally, I don't find anything wrong with the GUI..like you, I like things simple.  There isn't much point in a nice looking interface, if the sounds aren't there to begin with, but in this case the sounds clearly are "there" and that's what counts.  In the past I've used..and still own..a lot of plugins that look amazing, but don't really do all that much..basically "one trick ponies"..but Saturn's features are really cool and I know this is going to be one plugin that's going to see a lot of use in time to come.

My thanks again for this..very much appreciated. :thump up
(21-02-2018, 08:20 PM)Gyl schrieb: ... there are more than 50 in the group's Files folder ...
!!!
Look out, kbrown - he's catching up!

(21-02-2018, 08:20 PM)Gyl schrieb: my short experience with Synthedit showed that SE makes much more CPU friendly plugins, but I prefer and love the work in Flowstone.

I've seen plenty of cpu-killer SE plugins in my time!

I tried both development platforms when they were first released, and never really got much beyond the simple tutorial synth in either.
They seem to have very different approaches, with different strengths and weaknesses, and I couldn't say I really prefer either one above the other.
But SE has been around for much longer than SM/FS, so most of the musician-developers I know use that - and as I've been trying to persuade some of them to release (or allow me to release) a few of the instruments they've developed for their own use, I'm having to try and learn it too.
(And if anyone thinks SE/SM/FS development isn't 'real' programming, they should give it a try!)

(21-02-2018, 08:20 PM)Gyl schrieb: Eventually would be useful to compile Kujashi's patches into them, but usually the synth is finished much earlier and uploaded to my group, than he makes his banks.
I'll be thinking on it, how could make.

I notice your synths have the FS/SM patch manager on the gui ... perhaps you could export the bank in it's native .txt format, import it into the schematic, and (if Kujashi is agreeable) compile it as a Music-Society Special Edition ?
... just a thought ...

(21-02-2018, 08:20 PM)Gyl schrieb: Often got critical comments regarding the GUI - trying to improve my skills, but still faaar from the really good ones. :-)
I always liked those plugins what have simple, clear interface and easy to use them. When started to make my own ones (after 1-2 years of collecting), my goal was to make easy-to-use synths.
When made a Favorites folder for the downloaded / collected synths, found that I prefer the simpler ones. Some very capable or popular ones are missing from my favorites - I didn't feel motivation to use them...

I read somewhere recently, 'Clarity isn't simple.'
It certainly isn't easy.
And I heard a composer on the radio saying that his 'breakthrough' in composition came with the realisation that 'the complex doesn't have to be complicated'.

Good design generally goes unnoticed.
If something is intuitive and easy to use, people will simply use it.
If they have to read the manual to find out what it does, or search through multiple screens and menus to find the feature they need, they will either recognise it as bad design or, more often, conclude that it's 'really deep and powerful', buy it, post on forums about how wonderful it is, and - like you and me - probably never use it!
Saturn is good design.
It's deep, it's powerful, it's obvious what all the controls do - and they're right there where you expect to find them when you need them.

I too have a Favourites folder - or, to be precise, two of them.

The general folder contains all the plugins - free, payware and demos - that I've acquired over the years: hundreds of them. I often browse that folder, looking for something I haven't tried for a while - something I can play with.

It contains a folder with those very few synths (mostly mono) that I ever actually record with - which has remained unchanged (apart from updates) for more than two years (although I recently acquired a synth that might eventually join them).

The other folder contains those synths I play.
There are usually about half a dozen of them, which vary over time - on a one-in-one-out basis.
They are polyphonic and have the kind of interface that maps easily to a control surface.
Starting with a simple, basic sound, I usually turn off the monitor and patch as I play - the way I used to, decades ago - purely for my own enjoyment and relaxation.
The last synth to find its way into this folder was The Arminator (it replaced ME80).
I think Saturn could be the next to join it.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  VSTI GyL Synths Constructor & Soundbank by Kujashi Gyl 5 1,801 26-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Letzter Beitrag: guip
  VSTI GyL Synths Angel & Soundbank by Kujashi Gyl 3 1,309 26-12-2018, 04:19 PM
  VSTI GyL Synths Addtractive Wavemaker & Soundbank by Kujashi Gyl 3 1,110 26-12-2018, 04:18 PM
  VSTI GyL Synths Pluto & Soundbank by Kujashi Gyl 2 1,102 03-12-2018, 04:55 PM
Letzter Beitrag: bluesmoke
  VSTI GyL Synths Baze-2 Gyl 1 1,001 01-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Letzter Beitrag: A.M
  VSTI GyL Synths BRA1NSHAK3R- for registered Users free to download! Gyl 1 882 30-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Letzter Beitrag: Bam
  VSTI GyL Synths Dualism Gyl 4 2,317 13-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Letzter Beitrag: Gyl
  VSTI GyL Synths Primo Gyl 0 1,070 04-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Photo VSTI Drag-On by GyL @ Soundbank by Kujashi Gyl 4 2,188 29-05-2017, 10:29 PM
  Adder and Soundbank by Kujashi Gyl 7 3,278 02-02-2017, 07:26 AM
Letzter Beitrag: Bam

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.