This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

or read here, don´t forget your username
(August 19, 2021) x

People who donate something do not see ads, so donate Smile (April 06) x

Willkommen aus Music-Society, dem etwas anderen Forum Welcome from Music-Society, the something different forum (February 29, 2020) x

Read the Rules !!!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.
(February 29, 2020) x

Visit the Future of music-society - Beta-Test
(October 30, 2020) x

Read the new download-rules - here
(July 24, 2021) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trojan in Brzoza VSTi
I registered with the Music Society yesterday secifically to download the Saltline VSTi Brzoza.

Having scanned the uncompressed files with ClamWin the following trojan was flagged:

Win.Trojan.Agent-396373 FOUND

It is in the 'Spring2' SEM file, rather than the VSTi itself.

I have posted Saltline about this but no reply as yet.
Which antivirus you use?
Don't forget to write or click a thank you, because it takes a lot of work to search the files.
---
bam
https://bam-dorner.de
Free 50 GB Cloud
Pass if needed: bam4LoFo
Probably a false positive as discussed here
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=312181
as well as a work around.
It dosn't show up in kaspersky now but used to so I think they have recognised it as a false positive.
(03-04-2014, 12:00 PM)Gearoid link Wrote:I registered with the Music Society yesterday secifically to download the Saltline VSTi Brzoza.

Having scanned the uncompressed files with ClamWin the following trojan was flagged:

Win.Trojan.Agent-396373 FOUND

It is in the 'Spring2' SEM file, rather than the VSTi itself.

I have posted Saltline about this but no reply as yet.

I assure you that there is no trojan associated with Brzoza. this is not the first time I have heard this with synthedit plugins. Spring2.sem is merely a synthedit module and antivirus software should not be picking this up. As mentioned it is a false positive, the only way around this is for me to change the way in which some of brzoza's parameters function which would defeat the object of having built it the way it is. I can only advise that you tell the antivirus software to ignore this but I can not be responsible for any damage caused as stated in the readme file.

I have had similar situations with my own software in the past and I understand it can be a nuisance. I will look further into finding ways of removing this module from my VSTs but for now they will remain.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

Ted
As already said, this is a false positive. I had this with other plugins too and it was almost always the spring.sem file.
I just wanted to add that Ted would never do something like that; he's an honorable and generous developer, one of the genuine "good guys"!
Like everyone else said, SynthEdit modules are known to cause false positives.
Music is intended and designed for sentient beings that have hopes and purposes and emotions.
-Jacques Barzun
Thanks for the replies guys. I have seen a few of these false positive alerts in the past a well. I have also read of the real thing destroying people's music setups (with no image backup); happened to me once too, a long time ago so I thought a warning apt.

I'm guessing that when this does happen it is some third party hacking the free downloads rather than the writer, so I never suspected Ted.  :top2

Oh, btw, I use Clamwin av, latest version and definitions..   
(04-04-2014, 11:29 AM)Gearoid link Wrote:Oh, btw, I use Clamwin av, latest version and definitions.. 

ClamWin has a very bad call, recognized only about 80% of the real viruses. Get avast free, Avira free or AVG free. This automatically make updates several times a day

Avast free

avira free

AVG Free
Don't forget to write or click a thank you, because it takes a lot of work to search the files.
---
bam
https://bam-dorner.de
Free 50 GB Cloud
Pass if needed: bam4LoFo
(04-04-2014, 08:06 PM)Bam link Wrote:[quote author=Gearoid link=topic=3549.msg10557#msg10557 date=1396603752]

Oh, btw, I use Clamwin av, latest version and definitions.. 

ClamWin has a very bad call, recognized only about 80% of the real viruses. Get avast free, Avira free or AVG free. This automatically make updates several times a day

Avast free

avira free

AVG Free
[/quote]

Many thanks for the links Bam!

Gearoid
There is a version of Spring2.sem that gives a "False Positive".
It's also know somewhere in the 'Synthedit Forum'.
I had the problem with one of the HG-Fortune releases. He repacked it with a Good version of spring2.sem.

Here is the Good one. Maybe Saltline can use this.     

Attached Files
.rar   Spring2-sem.rar (Size: 40.86 KB / Downloads: 4)
Fast schon wach ...
(06-04-2014, 02:51 PM)GluBloB link Wrote:There is a version of Spring2.sem that gives a "False Positive".
It's also know somewhere in the 'Synthedit Forum'.
I had the problem with one of the HG-Fortune releases. He repacked it with a Good version of spring2.sem.

Here is the Good one. Maybe Saltline can use this.   

Thanks, I'll give it a go. i made need someone to test this for me though as i do not get the same problem on my systems.
Looking at the downloaded file it is an earlier version of what i have installed. Both were created the same date but the one provided here was created an hour earlier than the one i have installed on my system.
Hi, i have just done some tests:

The good Sping2.sem is used in:  Brzoza  v100
                                                CBW10  v101
                                                Delay  v102
                                                Swierk  v109
                                                Verb  v103

The "False Positive is in:  ADHDidi  v100
                                    Brzoza  v101  (just downloaded)
                                    Verb  v104

Not used in:  Step  v102

Symantec Endpoint v121

I know this looks a bit crazy, maybe someone else can double check this.
Fast schon wach ...
(07-04-2014, 05:14 PM)GluBloB link Wrote:Hi, i have just done some tests:

I really appreciate that you took the time to do this. I am still searching forums and the web to find which is actually ok. I'll do some more digging now and see what I come up with, I'm not sure why it would come up on some and not others. The only thing I can think is that I have different Spring2.sems on my 2 different machines (I just need to remember which machine the plugins were compiled on now.) I might recompile one of the problematic ones and upload it here for someone to try if anyone fancies helping out.
(07-04-2014, 05:14 PM)GluBloB link Wrote:Hi, i have just done some tests:

The good Sping2.sem is used in:  Brzoza  v100
                                                CBW10  v101
                                                Delay  v102
                                                Swierk  v109
                                                Verb  v103

The "False Positive is in:  ADHDidi  v100
                                    Brzoza  v101  (just downloaded)
                                    Verb  v104

Not used in:  Step  v102

Symantec Endpoint v121

I know this looks a bit crazy, maybe someone else can double check this.

Ok i've recompiled Lisc-verb 1.0.4. it can be downloaded here http://www.saltline.co.uk/Downloads/Lisc-verb.rar
Thanks for the fast response.
That seems to be the good version of 'Spring2.sem'.
I hope some other users try and test it. Then be shure to save it at a save place.  :-)

At the other side, i've never understood why those SynthEdit stuff need all those (*.sem / sep) files in there own directory.
I thought that (*.sem / sep) are somthing like (*.dll) in Windows. Free open source librarys (free to change and compile, but backwards compatible). Or am I wrong ? (I'm not a programmer)
Why they don't use one big \Synthedit\Dir to put those same files in ?
I know you can't change this, but it seems they never think about this either.    :-)

btw:  Thanks, (i've got your PM)  :-)
Fast schon wach ...
(07-04-2014, 08:35 PM)GluBloB link Wrote:Thanks for the fast response.
That seems to be the good version of 'Spring2.sem'.
I hope some other users try and test it. Then be shure to save it at a save place.  :-)

excellent, thanks for your help. I know now to make sure both my computers have the same SEM. I'm not entirely sure why SE plugins generate these files when the VST is loaded for the first time. It always seems to happen when using any 3rd party SEMs that are not native to synthedit. I can set about updating the other plugs with the problem now. this will save me  a lot of emails from people that have the same problem, once again thanks for the help and feedback.
Ted
Maybe some do also say 'Thank U'.    ;-)
Fast schon wach ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VSTI/VSTI3 fananteampro Stringya 2 VSTi VST3 x64 x86 WIN [FREE] Bam 0 1,278 27-05-2020, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Bam
  Die persönlichen Lieblings VST Synths/your favourite VSTI musicformer 53 44,928 17-01-2020, 09:50 AM
  VSTI/VSTI3 Aethereal VSTI tf-drone 0 1,524 23-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Last Post: tf-drone
  VSTI/VSTI3 [VSTI PLUGIN] Supa Digital vst plugin (32 Bit For Windows) Bam 0 1,603 21-12-2019, 06:35 PM
  VSTI/VSTI3 Monica VSTi Bam 0 1,497 07-09-2019, 09:27 PM
  VSTI/VSTI3 Gutbucket FREE Washtub Bass VSTi - for registered Users free to download! Bam 1 3,167 02-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Last Post: kineticbeatz
  VSTI/VSTI3 DIsco Polo 2 VSTi FREE Bam 2 3,144 27-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: artzic
  VSTI/VSTI3 Eightysix x86 VSTi Bam 1 2,233 29-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: kineticbeatz
  GM-Ortiz-VSTI-Bundle Bam 18 16,071 18-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: xefeg
  VSTI/VSTI3 Mini - g VSTi - for registered users free to download Bam 1 2,549 12-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: tf-drone